Netball News at Austasia :
Hyacinth Wijesinghe, National Netball Coach will join hands with Austasia & Action Sports to define a new leaf in the history of Netball for Sri Lanka. Together the team will be working on successfully concluding the Inaugural Indoor Netball Tournament that is scheduled for the 26th & 27th of November at the Austasia International Sports & Leisure Arena, Thalawathugoda. The event is a part of the Sports Fiesta that will host 8 other sporting events. Shirani Perera, Tournament Director for Badminton & Netball indicated that the responses on these events were very encouraging. With only few days more, before registrations close (10th of November 2011), it is expected that this count will continue to grow signifying the keenness of sportsman embracing these new concepts in the country. “A number of outstation teams have already confirmed their participation for the Netball Tournament, whilst a few more are currently making a conscious effort to take part… “ says Shirani, who is one of Sri Lanka’s most accomplished individuals in the fields of Badminton & Netball. Together with Hyacinth, Austasia & Action Sports, Shirani will form the quartet that will take on the journey of delivering innovative concepts of Netball training to Juniors, Seniors and the Umpiring groups of the country.This will be undertaken through the Netball Academy that will be launched on the 1st week of January 2012 at Austasia International Sports & Leisure Complex, Thalawathugoda. “Kids Net” & “Street Netball” are two effective and attractive modules that will be covered for the first time in Sri Lanka, apart from the standard (outdoor) development work that will be undertaken for techniques and skills. A year-round calendar of events and training programs will be offered through this Academy. “It would be my pleasure to deliver these training modules to the junior kids (upto 12 years), and observe these modules influencing the outdoor version of the game positively” says Hyacinth who has undertaken similar workshops and sessions in Singapore and Malaysia. She also possesses the qualifications to do so in Sri Lanka through her course work undertaken in Singapore. For further details relating to the Sport Fiesta or the Netball Academy Please contact Shohrab Salman (Managing Direct) on 0778 247 054 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms Lalitha Anthony (Managing Director– Austasia International Sports & Leisure) email@example.comDear Member,It is with great pleasure that I inform you that Austasia has appointed Action Sports Private Limited, a Sports Management and Consultancy Company in Sri Lanka, to bring to life a ‘Sports Fiesta’ titled “Austasia – Action Sports Fiesta 2011” The event will commence on the 14th of November with 8 sports disciplines being recognised in this inaugural project. And they are:
- Indoor Netball
- Indoor Rugby (Touch)
- Indoor Footsall
- Six-a-side (Hardball) CricketThere were a number of reasons, such a concept was initiated and here are some of them
- To allow our members to take part in various activities that we as a ‘Sports & Leisure Management’ club have for you.
- To Create a healthy competition among those of you who are keen to compete. I.e. Something of our own.
- To Create awareness of the endless opportunity you and your family has within one roof and possibly help you in making the right decisions within this sports and leisure frame-work
- To establish sports teams (based on performance), who will represent the club at future sporting events/ outings locally & internationally and to develop further.
- To develop a sustainable model, where future sporting events, gatherings have independent committees that are graced by our most valuable assets. I.e YOU.
- To allow parents the opportunity to take control of the younger generations future in the sporting world, with a particular view of supporting these youngsters in their sporting aspirations.We urge you to take advantage of this opportunity to enjoy some these facilities, whilst encouraging your family members to be involved as well.
Applications/ registration forms can be obtained from the office, who also have a list of the respective ‘Tournament Directors’ of these events.
A gala ‘Awards Night’ is planned for the 10th of December, which will be used to honour the contributions during the year 2011.
I would also like to take this opportunity to let you know that we have entrusted Action Sports to organise a ‘Members Luncheon’ on the 26th of November 2011.
Again, the idea will be to provide you the opportunity to enjoy the venue to the fullest. A live band and a buffet lunch is on the cards (from 12.00 noon until 3.00pm), with the meal being priced very reasonably.
We hope to continue these luncheons on a monthly basis and would appreciate your patronage on this day in November.
Please feel free to contact Shohrab- 0778247054(Action Sports) or Brian – 0773 572 973(Austasia) or email firstname.lastname@example.org reservations or bookings and avoid disappointment.
Thanks and regards
Lalitha AnthonyManaging DirectorAustasia International Sports & Leisure ComplexMobil +94 (0)772308861